2.6K views

DO NOT expect a refund from IYOGI. They will scam you further.

They claim to be refunding but when you follow their instructions they gain access to your bank accounts. They initiate an "overdraft" against your credit card that goes to your checking. Then they send you the wrong amount and want you to send money back to them. You do not realize that they have somehow gotten into your accounts until you see your credit card statement.

They are not sending you any money. It is all yours. Just sleight of hand. So do NOT allow them any access to anything if they call.

Just tell them you know it is a scam. Tell them never call you again.

And beware, they are very good at making it all sound credible.

Who doesn't want their money back after buying something that was a scam to begin with. Don't fall for it.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Iyogi. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Iyogi to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service lying to customers and scam. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Iyogi software and refund for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I've been receiving calls from several different phone numbers for about a year either claiming they were from either IYogi or Microsoft. I began telling them I no longer have a computer then telling them I was dead now I simply block there call. I cannot get rid of these people.

This is JUNE 14, 2018 and I just received a call from an individual claiming to be from IYOGI stating I was eligible for a $299.00 refund as the U.S. Government is no longer allowing IYOGI to operate in the United States. I advised him I was in my car and he stated he would call back in 30 minutes and help me with the US website

I also just got a call and told them I felt like something wasn't right and to keep the money, yourself something nice.

should have listened to my wife. I should have known better that this was a scam.

Iyogi said I was getting a refund. got money from me now its time to call the FBI. Let me find the little dot head that was on the phone. should have checked them out.

they are good at what they do. F@#*@#G LIARS!!!

My husband was scammed by iyogi for a couple of years. The final straw was a laptop purchase that was supposed to be loaded with new Windows software but was nothing but viruses.

We protested the charge with our credit card company and received a full refund.

So, I knew this had to be a scam. They don't owe me anything but really wanted access to my computer.

I get 4 to 5 calls from them every day, always with a different phone number. I was scammed once, had to have my hard drive rebuilt.

Never again will I let someone unknown to me, work on my computer.

I even made a complaint with FCC and nothing has stopped them from callingGet CALLED I'D and turn the phone down. Just DON'T ANSWER!!

I too have been duped for the refund fraud. Now what alert my bank, change all numbers and access codes?

It happened JUST yesterday!! I feel so stupid...

I receive2 or 3 calls a day. I have asked them to stop. They continue to harass me.

I received a call today from iYOGI saying that my computer had a virus and that someone was attempting to get into my computer.How would they know that if they themselves were the ones trying to *** into my computer?How did they obtain my number?I believe they also go under the name of CTIC (California Tech Innvation Centre..It’s a scam from India. They even use a magic jack number.They were to refund me my money.Issue is still remains unresolved.

The first call, I knew it was a scam. I told the guy I felt generous & for him to take the "refund" & have a good time.

I received 2 more calls the same day & at least 1 per day since (over a week now) He wanted me to call them back (using caller ID to get the number) to verify that the refund was legitimate. #1 I am not stupid #2 You never get something for nothing.

#3 see #1 & just cause I am old, it does not mean I am dumb. It is sad to think of how many have fallen for this.

I have mail from Microsoft Corporation and now Iyogi claims to be refunding my money also. Same type of scam.My contract with Iyogi failed back in April 2016.

It was a 3 year contract good till 2019, for $329.99.

Not the $299.00 they claim they will refund. This is the catch phrase on the mail......Important Notice: - MAKE SURE ONCE YOU CALL US YOU HAVE TO BE IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER SO OUR REPRESENTATIVE WILL HELP YOU TO OPEN A 3D SECURE REFUND CLAIM FORM.)I hope just opening the mail does not create issues, there is just too much FRAUD out there.Beware

I just received this scam call and said they were going to refund all i paid them. I told him to donate to a local charity....beware big time

Thank you for these posts. I looked them up on another device as the had control of my computer.

I told them I am an elder and my state Attorney General takes these scams seriously. The guy said I upset him!!!!!

Shut down my computer before they got any further info. Good luck to you all and THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME!!!!

Just had iyogi try to use the refund scam. They had my cell number and knew my name.

I once was a costumer years ago but suspected them of fraud and quit their service. Hung up but they retried to call 3 more times. went to block the call but there was NO number associated with the "unknown" caller so I couldn't block them. Beware..

they are quite tricky.

Don't fall for this BS. Feds need to get on these people.

Almost scammed by iYogi a few years ago. Former customer.

Made the mistake of giving them remote access to my computer after they told me they were no longer supporting the software they had installed. Tried to gain access to my bank account as well in order to refund the $199 I had already paid them. Became suspicious when my screen went blank. Shut off my router before they could do much damage.

However, ended up having to replacie my hard drive and reinstalled programs. Also had to delete a number of files they corrupted. They continue to now call me almost weekly.

It's like trying to get rid of a bad virus. I keep trying to get rid of it, but it just keeps coming back.

I just got off the phone with I YOGI and told him I knew what he was trying to do was a scam and after a LONG Pause the gentleman says "You are a very smart person" and hung up.

I literally just call a call from I-Yogi telling me by law they had to refund me $400 that I gave them last year and they can't just refund me because they no longer have my account. As he talked to me, I searched the internet and found this write-up and told him about it and said "DO NOT EVER CALL ME AGAIN"!

That won't stop them though. I have my phone listed with NOMOROBO and they called 3 x's in a row with different numbers and got through.

So over them! Lesson learned!

iYogi called yesterday with the same saying they wanted to send me a refund for $400.00. Since they tried to scam me last year by taking over my laptop and putting some *** on it and said I was hacked & they would clean it for 500, I was onto them. I told the caller he should get a legitimate job.

#1391987

iYogi is still at it. Had a horrible experience with them as their "technicians" corrupted my registry and did irreparable damage to my computer.

This happened more than a year ago. I just got off the phone with a supposed refund representative, who was going to send me 299.00 via paypal.

The "only" thing was, they had to send me 1000.00, because of some iYogi rule. Their entire organization is a scam, starting with their technical support.

i called the number and they said to send my address and they would send me a check. no access to my computer at all......cant see the scam here on that..gonna try...just name and number on a text....Said they were microsoft...i will call microsoft