I thought I was calling LapLink, who offers free 24 hour service when you have trouble with your computer data transfer.My call went to iYogi.
I didn't realize it was a different tech support company in its entirety, I thought it was just the remote access program. When she went through all of the diagnostics she said I had 221 registry errors (which iYogi itself characterized as "stale" and not critical for machine functioning), and then she went on to tell me they were dangerous and I could infect my new computer and that I could go get them repaired with a tech support place and then call them back or she could repair them for $149. I balked, and she said "OK, $119, for a 2-time fix." I suspected something was amiss and declined. I mean tech support for an hour on the phone and THEN they can fix it IF you pay them?
I'm guessing a lot of desperate--or out of patience--people would opt for that, but I was honked off and declined. THEN I looked up iYogi. I always do my due diligence before starting to work with a company or vendor, and had I seen the iYogi reviews I certainly wouldn't have done so. BUT...
I had called LapLink for support and that's where I went. I plan on letting LapLink know what I think, too. They did take remote control of my computer, but I haven't had any issues yet. I cleaned out my "dangerous" stale registries myself using CCleaner and Free Window Registry Repair.
I'm really sorry that a bunch of you got taken.
I'd report it to the BBB and the States Attorney General's office.Best of luck to you!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Unethical behavior
- Product or service
- Iyogi Customer Support
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "Ordered Xtream Media Server Pro-3800 Dec 23rd 2009 was told server would arrive Dec 29th 2009-Never showed! Januray 12th a Dirty, Used,dented server without owners manual, covered in greasy finger..."
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I bought a whirlpool washer and got arrested in the and I bought extended warranty and they won't fix it..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- "Please refer to the attaching photo with the purse I bought at USA about 3 years ago by US$ 218.00, however I am really disappointed that the quality of..."