I thought I was calling LapLink, who offers free 24 hour service when you have trouble with your computer data transfer.My call went to iYogi.
I didn't realize it was a different tech support company in its entirety, I thought it was just the remote access program. When she went through all of the diagnostics she said I had 221 registry errors (which iYogi itself characterized as "stale" and not critical for machine functioning), and then she went on to tell me they were dangerous and I could infect my new computer and that I could go get them repaired with a tech support place and then call them back or she could repair them for $149. I balked, and she said "OK, $119, for a 2-time fix." I suspected something was amiss and declined. I mean tech support for an hour on the phone and THEN they can fix it IF you pay them?
I'm guessing a lot of desperate--or out of patience--people would opt for that, but I was honked off and declined. THEN I looked up iYogi. I always do my due diligence before starting to work with a company or vendor, and had I seen the iYogi reviews I certainly wouldn't have done so. BUT...
I had called LapLink for support and that's where I went. I plan on letting LapLink know what I think, too. They did take remote control of my computer, but I haven't had any issues yet. I cleaned out my "dangerous" stale registries myself using CCleaner and Free Window Registry Repair.
I'm really sorry that a bunch of you got taken.
I'd report it to the BBB and the States Attorney General's office.Best of luck to you!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Unethical behavior
- Product or service
- Iyogi Customer Support
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EXTREME Motherboard and received a wrong item. same brand motherboard but different model. contacted customer service about this, emailed pictures of the item and..."
- "No matter how many fake favourable reviews Elite phone & computer repairs / Elite communications / Dell repairer/ Apple repairer or any of the other names they go under post,..."
- "The tech's advice about repairing a 5-yr old iMac is "junk it". They expect a 5-yr old product to fail and have designed the case to be prohibitively expensive to..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."