New Hope, Pennsylvania

I thought I was calling LapLink, who offers free 24 hour service when you have trouble with your computer data transfer.My call went to iYogi.

I didn't realize it was a different tech support company in its entirety, I thought it was just the remote access program. When she went through all of the diagnostics she said I had 221 registry errors (which iYogi itself characterized as "stale" and not critical for machine functioning), and then she went on to tell me they were dangerous and I could infect my new computer and that I could go get them repaired with a tech support place and then call them back or she could repair them for $149. I balked, and she said "OK, $119, for a 2-time fix." I suspected something was amiss and declined. I mean tech support for an hour on the phone and THEN they can fix it IF you pay them?

I'm guessing a lot of desperate--or out of patience--people would opt for that, but I was honked off and declined. THEN I looked up iYogi. I always do my due diligence before starting to work with a company or vendor, and had I seen the iYogi reviews I certainly wouldn't have done so. BUT...

I had called LapLink for support and that's where I went. I plan on letting LapLink know what I think, too. They did take remote control of my computer, but I haven't had any issues yet. I cleaned out my "dangerous" stale registries myself using CCleaner and Free Window Registry Repair.

I'm really sorry that a bunch of you got taken.

I'd report it to the BBB and the States Attorney General's office.Best of luck to you!

Review about: Iyogi Customer Support.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Unethical behavior / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Iyogi?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.