New Hope, Pennsylvania

I thought I was calling LapLink, who offers free 24 hour service when you have trouble with your computer data transfer.My call went to iYogi.

I didn't realize it was a different tech support company in its entirety, I thought it was just the remote access program. When she went through all of the diagnostics she said I had 221 registry errors (which iYogi itself characterized as "stale" and not critical for machine functioning), and then she went on to tell me they were dangerous and I could infect my new computer and that I could go get them repaired with a tech support place and then call them back or she could repair them for $149. I balked, and she said "OK, $119, for a 2-time fix." I suspected something was amiss and declined. I mean tech support for an hour on the phone and THEN they can fix it IF you pay them?

I'm guessing a lot of desperate--or out of patience--people would opt for that, but I was honked off and declined. THEN I looked up iYogi. I always do my due diligence before starting to work with a company or vendor, and had I seen the iYogi reviews I certainly wouldn't have done so. BUT...

I had called LapLink for support and that's where I went. I plan on letting LapLink know what I think, too. They did take remote control of my computer, but I haven't had any issues yet. I cleaned out my "dangerous" stale registries myself using CCleaner and Free Window Registry Repair.

I'm really sorry that a bunch of you got taken.

I'd report it to the BBB and the States Attorney General's office.Best of luck to you!

This reviewer shared experience about "unethical behavior" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Iyogi and uploaded a picture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Iyogi.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Computers category for more informed decision or compare Iyogi to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Iyogi?

Comments