I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!
They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.
Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.
The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.
Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the namesbe432b2
You may also like
- "Guy is a crook. Sold me a piece of junk Dell D620 Laptop, guaranteed the computer to work fine. Computer failed less than 2 months later, and called to ask..."
- "Your sales associate misrepresented a warranty to sell it. I need a new computer like I was promised if my computer malfunctioned in the future not a refund 4 months..."
- "Purchased a New HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Notebook with Integrated Webcam, Model# dv6910us, July 2008. Did not purchase an extended warranty because thought "HP" was a dependable brand that would..."
- "I had a high end Electrolux dishwasher (5 years old) that needed a new pump. I purchased one thru Electrolux that took 10 days to arrive and it arrived with..."
- "Received Tree with greased (black) and scratched remote (see photos), top two sections had been crushed to pack. None of the Clear and Colored lights worked. I called..."
- "The company is a fraud company! Dont trust em! They wont refund your money at anycost! Cheap company! And i am not a one who will keep quite. Today i..."
- "My issue is with order XXXXXXX placed on 11/11/13. As you can see it has not been delivered in it's entirety, I am awaiting one of the rear shocks. I..."
- "My second cover, the first would have been under warranty (4 years out of a 5 year warranty) but I lost the paper work. The second came with their 7..."
- "I used the self tanner by arbonne as directed. I had the worst reaction. I've never had any bad reactions to self tanners from any other company. My eyes swelled...."