iYogi complaint

165 of 193 Iyogi Reviews
Issue not resolved
Mar 09, 2012
review #303559

I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!

They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.

Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.

The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.

Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the names

b07c7d9
Had an experience with iYogi?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
165 of 193 Iyogi Reviews
internet stupid

Oct 26

I too had same experience. THEY (he) also inquired if my husband was home and if he could call after my computer problems was fixed. SICK...this after they had all of my personal information via remote access.
Hindsight now that I am disabled from stalking...should have never tried to re-establish livelihood support.

Pisses as Hell

Oct 25, 2013 Walla Walla, Washington

iYogi Art - Your canned response is a lot of ***. I spent over a year going back and forth with your "tech" guys. Each time I was told the problem would be "fixed" and never happened again. And it happened over and over and over. You sold me software to fix the problem and it did not. Rip Off. Each tech attempted a DIFFERENT solution. IYogi was on my computer more then I was attempting to fix the problems they caused! Then of all the BS that I could get from iYogi I was told to buy a new computer and blamed my Dell Laptop for the problems. I finally took my computer to a REAL computer store and had iYogi's software and their *** removed. Since I did this I have not had ONE problem. I tried to file a complaint with the BBB but you guys are off shore and I was not able to make that step. Horrible Horrible RIP OFF!!!

1 0 Reply

Oct 29, 2013

Dear User,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please detail us about the incident you have reported by sending us an email on iYogicare@iyogi.com . We can assure you that this will be looked into and actioned upon.

We will be looking forward to your email.

Nov 02, 2013

I think I am going to do the same thing. I thought I was being hooked up to HP and after I had been on the phone for a long time and after being pressured into purchasing tech support I found out it was iYogi and I still do not know whether they are with HP or not.

Nov 04, 2013

Dear username Anonymous,

iYogi is an independent remote tech support provider. We are not affiliated with any brand or organization. We make this point very clear to the customers calling us and the same is also being mentioned on all of our websites, customer touch points. We possess a BBB rating of A and serve more than three million customers.

If you need any help regarding your HP product please email us your details on iYogicare@iyogi.com and we will have one of our experts call you and get it fixed.

Thanks

jim

Jul 11, 2013 Asheville, North Carolina

They fix my compute and they send my a route I didn't need I told them I didn't need a route. They said that in the price for fixing the compute. My compute not even fix.

Jul 12, 2013

Dear Jim,

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. We are ready to help you with the computer problem you are facing. We can have an expert technician call you and fix it permanently. So,request you to send us your iYogi details on iYogicare@iyogi.com so that the needful can be done.

synthia

May 30, 2013

I had a great experience with 10dollarssupport.com they fixed my computer and also router and surprisingly they don't charge more than $9.99 per incident. Great tech help.

Dec 18, 2012

Dear username "Tired",

Kindly send your subscription details at iYogicare@iyogi.com and we will look into your comaplaint. We regret that your experience with us was not satisfactory.

Regards,
iYogi Customer Service

tired

Dec 07, 2012

I had trouble with Mcafee, not getting rid of virus, the web site though att. used Mcafee, so I was haveing trouble, att said Iyogi was a step up. well I tryed them, for a year, found they did not do any better, and they wanted more information personal I did not give them. after a year I called and stopped the service., that was a two year ago, and they still call me up. you have to watch one number they use, if you call them back, is to rejoin them, automatic when I called att, I was told they did not have anything to do with them, so what is right

fellforiyogisbs

Nov 18, 2012

I contacted Dell for CS and they proceded to transfer me to the other side of the planet to iyogi. I was *** enough to think that since dell recommmended them, they must be okay. They took remote control of my DT and did their thing. Three hundred dollars later we were "good to go". Now that the subscription with them is closed, they are calling nonstop to either renew with them or to pay a past debt (which does not exist). This company is major trouble. Not only do they take over your computer without your permission, they got my yahoo password and accessed my account. Yahoo informed me of this. What else have they gotten in to? My computer has never been the same as before I signed on with their scam. Now, I can't find a way to remove their software. I have to change passwords and longin names constantly to try to get around their intrusions :(

NEVER trust iYogi no matter how big your issue is you want solved. They will only make it worse!

tired

Dec 07, 2012

take your computer to a repair shop a good one, or click on restore, or some computers have where you can go back to a time before you had Iyogi. also if you do restore make sure you have back up cds.

another iyogi victim

Nov 16, 2012

Had a problem with a Netgear router, and when I dialed their tech support was connected to iYogi. They insisted on taking remote control of my desktop machine, which eventually fixed the problem (tho the problem was with my laptop, and tho they would not explain what caused it in the first place). This was a *** mistake on my part - don't ever do this! Also I stupidly let them sell me McAfee AV for $80 and "clean" my system (no charge far as I know), but the worst was to come as now the desktop would only run in safe mode, and all my bookmarks and passwords were gone. All this took hours of my time. I responded by going offline so they couldn't mess with me any more, did a system restore to the previous day (which brought me out of safe mode and restored passwords), and did a bookmark restore from inside Firefox. Short story, these guys turned a small problem with setting up a router into a major, hours-long, nerve-wracking headache. My advice would be to stay away from iYogi and any company that uses them, such as Netgear.

lilo

May 23, 2013

IYOGI Is a Official Support partner for Netgear. All the In-Warranty customers of Netgear Products are supported by IYOGI. And they are partners with the Mcafee as well.

CCEntertain2M

Nov 16, 2012

(Subject: My wireless Netgear router (model: N300(WNR2000v3))was not working: Netgear's tech. support company "iYogi" told me 9% of my registry files were corrupt and to buy $50-$150 service from "iYogi"(also known as: Netgear Tech. Support))

My Netgear wireless router (Netgear model: N300 (WNR2000v3) Wi-Fi wireless router) stopped working properly with no access to the Internet for my laptop (There was an "i" (exclamation point) small "yellow" triangle over the Wi-Fi signal strength indicator at the lower right corner of my computer screen.). I only bought the router about 3 months ago, 08/25/2012. Netgear tech. support is really "iYogi tech. support". After OVER 3 hours on the phone, the tech. support person, Abdullah, had me change the "DNS servers'" settings for the router, and it now, the next day Thursday 11/15/2012, works fine, "so far".

The "iYogi tech. support" person, Abdullah, said, after taking control of my computer during the process of fixing my problem, that I had 9% of my computer registry files corrupted and that I needed to have a computer system "optimization" done, so I wouldn't have the same problem with the router, and OTHER problems with my computer, in the future. The service would cost me $150 with 1 year tech. support 24/7 from "iYogi" (Netgear's tech. support company), or $50 to do it once. There was a LOT, a LOT, of pressure to pay then and not wait a day or longer so I could think about it. (My
... Show more

nick

May 23, 2013

Well computer optimization is nothing but cleaning up junk files which accumulate on the hard drive during the usage of the internet and also in extreme cases some of the invalid registry entries may shut your system down. Its not that you should always pay for computer optimization. You can get your computer cleaned and optimized depending upon the need of performance you can download free tools like C-cleaner to get that done for you.

the man

Jul 26, 2013 Wichita, Kansas

comment towards ccleaner is a joke...all it does is give you false numbers so you will call their tech support company

Jul 27, 2013

Dear The Man,

If you have any feedback about us or our services. Please write back to us on iYogicare@iyogi.com.

Thanks

0 0
Shirley

Oct 04, 2012

I was tricked by iYogi paid the year fee
was on the phone for hours. But at some
point a charge for a "second year" appeared
on my credit card...imagine after I was
hissed about being taken the first time.
I contacted iYogi and immediately got a check
for the second year which I did not agree to
when they asked me. It really has taken too
long for proper action by authorities to
jump on this. I got involved with iYogi when
I contacted a well known pc help provider.
I was shocked that they were on the other
end of the phone and I also hold my past
contact responsible for letting these
highwaymen/women on board.

TV Repair

Oct 03, 2012

I couldn't get a Tech to even show up! Two times and fifty phone calls, mostly on hold, and still no tech. They kept saying they were going to send me a new and better tech, I just wanted one to show up! When I requested my money back they kept wanting one more try, HAHA no way. Don't bother calling to talk to a supervisor they are all in meetings.

1-20 of 32 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.