I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!
They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.
Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.
The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.
Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the namesreview #303559
You may also like
- "Adam Warren who claims to be a graduate of lambton College Graphic Design program is also known for being a convicted sex offender. He is a diddler and its obvious..."
- "putting out the word about Best Bully /Goon Squad all over the internet! Twitter, Face book, Consumer report, FTC, BBB, on and on! Bought a computer from Best Buy for..."
- "Mixwall Ltd, supposedly based in London, UK, and dba iThrough is really a subsidiary of ShenZhen City ChiAng Tech Co., Ltd. a company in The Peoples Republic of China. They..."
- "I brought my car in for a insurance repair after getting hit by hail storm. The place looked top knotch so I told myself they must have a..."
- "Said breeder, Lila Kyriakopolous, sold us a sick Pomeranian puppy on February 2nd, 2013. We paid $850 and she gave us a health guarantee. She also did not vaccinate the..."
- "Our trailer had gone to heartland for "warranty work" and upon returning now has more issues than when it left, upon return hooked up water and a leak ensued causing..."
- "4 weeks ago we purchased two Laz boy leather recliners from NFM KCK. We where told it would be 4 weeks for delivery, so I drove 90 mile to get the..."
- "10+ years ago I built my home and used Durango levers throughout. Recently several of them started BREAKING. I called Emtek's customer service because on their website it..."
- "Diet Pepsi cans exploded in refrigerator. So all things in the refrigerator were messed up. When our family heard that sound, it seemed like sound from gun shot. So I tried to..."