I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!
They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.
Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.
The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.
Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the names
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Service Contract
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I was facing problems with my AOL email account and got on Google to get a phone number for AOL. I somehow got the number 888-684-0619 to call. I called..."
- "I was scammed by a website called brainsyntax. it is a creepy site once you realize that it is run by one guy and his psycho gf. Vincent Schiele a.k.a..."
- "I have scanned the pertinent documents relating my experience with Iyogi. The main problem is that I am not able to use my computer as administrator since the Iyogi..."
- "I paid Home Depot $40,000 to redo the roof & skylights last summer & it has been a nightmare now for 8 months. Home Depot has not touched any of..."
- "Waited over a month because I wanted a QUALITY job done. SOmeone who takes care of your property and does a good job. Not a drive by price..."
- "I have a problem with a handbag that I purchased last year in October ( it's still under 1 year warranty). I didn't wear it too often but about a..."
- "We purchased a chair & ottoman, a sofa and a loveseat approximately 20 years ago based on H & C's reputation as a quality furniture manufacturer. The loveseat is..."
- "Visit: Saturday, August 27th, 2016- 3:15am Location: 5002 N Dixie Hwy/ E Commercial Blvd Oakland Park, FL 33334- 4004 I have NEVER in my life left a bad review online. However, this early..."
- "Buyer beware. I recently purchased an area rug from Rugs USA. I made the mistake of waiting to take the rug out of the packaging until the room for which..."