I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!
They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.
Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.
The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.
Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the names
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Service Contract
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "It started on the 3rd of FEB 2016. My bios wouldn't update so I call Asus Tech support. I gave them all my info and for 2hrs. I was put..."
- "I thought I was calling LapLink, who offers free 24 hour service when you have trouble with your computer data transfer. My call went to iYogi. I didn't..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "Waited over a month because I wanted a QUALITY job done. SOmeone who takes care of your property and does a good job. Not a drive by price..."
- "I paid Home Depot $40,000 to redo the roof & skylights last summer & it has been a nightmare now for 8 months. Home Depot has not touched any of..."
- "I have a problem with a handbag that I purchased last year in October ( it's still under 1 year warranty). I didn't wear it too often but about a..."
- "Lady cut my hair all the way off. I sat down and she started buzzing and I asked " please keep some hair on there" & she said "it's too..."
- "I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's - in fact I don't recall ever purchasing anything from them before an online order placed 7/25/16 for a women's twinset that was..."
- "If you are looking for professional, on time service; keep looking because empire today is not that place! I placed my order for carpet and vinyl installation for the 7-28-16..."