I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!
They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.
Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.
The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.
Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the names
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box. The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box. The..."
- "Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER..."
- "Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea. Computers work really well. However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design...."
- "I bought two tickets for Les Miserables in Ottawa on Dec. 24/2014 for my wife. When I received the e-tickets 3 weeks later they had the price on them of..."
- "My second cover, the first would have been under warranty (4 years out of a 5 year warranty) but I lost the paper work. The second came with their 7..."
- "HORRIBLE SERVICE . I bought my sofa,love seat and chair in February 2013 and had to send them back about 5 times already to get "repaired" as they continuously keep cracking..."
- "I ordered and for months never heard a thing. They didn't contact me at all. Finally I contacted them and they then told me my order would be processed. I..."
- "The item I purchased wasn't as pictured online. The online picture appeared as a dirty gray/dark shirt with a black print on front. The item arrived as a..."
- "Sleazy slumlord Ely Dromy & companies has BED BUGS and TERMITES in their 1343 n martel ave, LA building. The sick old lady tenant called them about BED BUGS..."