I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!
They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.
Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.
The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.
Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the names105072e7 review #303559
You may also like
- "Marina, California Best Buy, about July 15th, 2012: 1. 6 months after my computer purchase, my computer wouldn't switch on. I turned it into the local Geeks and they saw..."
- "Adam Warren who claims to be a graduate of lambton College Graphic Design program is also known for being a convicted sex offender. He is a diddler and its obvious..."
- "Here are the images of my order for the Staples Fraud Repeat of last postYet another victim of the bait and switch. Spent an hour to build my stamp and..."
- "Just opened a can of Italian Wedding Soup and found this flat brown stuff (cardboard maybe?) Hoping it isn't dehydrated something else. The little meatballs look like the..."
- "My Name is Hayfa Klaus 3701 Tanglewilde Houston TX 77063 Cell 713-367-2417 I am so disappointed so sick and so tired of your horrible and poorly service this is unbelievable..."
- "Beware of this girl she will rob you im just spreading the word. She goes by the name vanessa her number is 4074866205 she also has a different number also..."
- "I had my personal things came from India by UPS. Everything was packed by professional courier agency as per guidelines of UPS. UPS-India does not accept any loose parcels or..."
- "good old josh is still not man enough to admit that the monster transmission has made a mistake and put the wrong parts in my transmission even after i had..."
- " An unlicensed so called "property management" company soliciting realtor's and private investors to rent and manage their investment portfolio. A 2 man operation with no real knowledge of property management..."