I ordered virus software for a new computer from a reputable company that I've dealt with for years. I had been billed twice and needed some help getting the license opened. When I called the support number I was put on to iYogi technicians. That's when hours of fun began!
They insisted they couldn't help me unless I took out a $169 service contract for one year and let them take control of my computer. I reluctantly did. I was hours on the phone with the technician, watching the little chat screen while they had remote control. He showed me all the "Trojans and worms and viruses" I had and said I'd need to let them have control of the computer once a month and they'd clean it up for me. When we were finished, things seemed to be set. They loaded iYogi software on my computer.
Two days later my computer showed that the license had expired so I phoned their tech support number again. Once again a technician took control. When the technician asked, "Is this the computer that you use for banking?" and I told him it wasn't, he replied, "Then, I'll need to take control of that computer also." I immediately cut off communication. I took my computer to a local I.T. person who removed all the suspicious iYogi software. I've changed passwords and I'm in the process of trying to get a refund for the service contract which I was coerced into.
The virus protection company has been a great help and they are appalled at the service.
Here's some advice: Don't deal with iYogi and if you ever have to give remote access of your computer to anyone take little screen prints of the chats and get the names
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Guy is a crook. Sold me a piece of junk Dell D620 Laptop, guaranteed the computer to work fine. Computer failed less than 2 months later, and called to ask..."
- "I ordered a lenovo g4030 on jan 22, 2015. it was supposedly a gift for myself since my bday is on feb 9th. unfortunately there was a problem with the..."
- "I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box. The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box. The..."
- "I bought an ASUS computer monitor recently, only to find that it shuts down every time you begin to read something on the screen. How could this be? Any..."
- "Hello, I puchased a wallet and purse less then 30 days ago...and so far the "M" has fallen off my purse and my wallet never did zip closed all the way...."
- "I had my cruze taken in for an issue with air coming out of the vents. My boyfriend said it was the cabin air filter. I took it jn to..."
- "Which one..which time. This location on Fort Apache and Tropicana in Las Vegas is pathetic !! They couldn't get an order right if it meant their life. I'm so tired..."
- "Two months ago we ordered a Marvin Ultimate Sliding French Door, supposedly the best of the best on the market. In fact, 10 years ago we ordered the same door..."
- "I attended the 1020 Barbershop 3 showing at the Edwards Temecula 15. I was sitting in either row J or K seats 7-11. My wallet must have fallen out from..."